Customer Service: Terms & Conditions
1. Articles of hazardous nature or those prohibited by the carrier or any governmental agencies shall not be accepted.
2. Any item received for packing and/or shipping may be subject to inspection. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that their shipment contains no restricted or prohibited items such as: liquid, flammable, hazardous, perishables, illegal materials, etc. In the event that such items are included in the shipment, it is the customer's responsibility to notify the store before shipment is processed.
3. Unless additional value is declared and additional coverage service is purchased in advance of shipment, each parcel shall be deemed to have a default value provided the carrier.
4. The store is not liable for any consequential, incidental or special damages which may arise from loss, damage, non-delivery, or delayed delivery. This limitation shall apply to damages for loss of profit or income.
5. Customer warrants that the address on the receipt is complete and accurate, and accepts full responsibility for packages that are lost or undeliverable due to inaccurate address.
6. Customer accepts full responsibility for damage to any shipments that are packed by customer. Customer is responsible for determining proper specifications prior to packing.
7. In the event of parcel damage, this store will process the claim if all of the following steps are taken by either the customer or the consignee:
a) Notation of obvious damage on the carrier's delivery document
b) Retention of all cartons and packing materials
c) Notification to this store within 48 hours of delivery
d) Cooperation with this store's instructions to further process this claim.
8. In the event of damage or non-delivery, the customer must make a claim to the store in writing with in thirty (30) days of the date of shipment, or all claims shall be considered waived.
9. In the event of loss or damage of any article, the store's liability shall be limited to the lesser of (a) the actual cash value of the article or (b) the amount necessary to repair or replace the article, (c) the amount declared by the customer by purchasing additional coverage at the time of the shipment.
10. In order to establish actual cash value in the event of damage or loss, the customer is responsible for furnishing this store with an original invoice, receipt, or appraisal which is not more than one year old. The amount declared by the customer at the time of shipment is not an acceptable proof of value.
11. Customer agrees that once a claim for loss or damage has been paid, the customer waives all rights to further claims on that particular shipment.
12. In the case of items shipped via the United States Postal Service, customer is fully ware that claims or tracing is impossible without the purchase of special services at the time of shipment.
13. This store reserves the right to add, revise, or subtract from these terms and conditions.